Friday, September 11, 2009

New pants and that uncomfortable feeling...

Okay - so at work we are doing a "Fitness Challenge." We are in Week 5 of 8 right now and I am feeling mildly pleased about my progress. Of course, working full time, going to school full time and having a little guy at home doesn't leave a ton of time for this whole "exercise" thing. (I am attempting to work on that this weekend.) Well -there is a light in this tunnel of no junk food and yummy things. I have been wanting gray dress pants for a while now and my favorite bra just had a CATASTROPHIC underwire failure (i.e. it was STABBING me in the armpit ALL DAY at work whic I truly believed was beginning to draw blood).

So I finally bit the bullet and went to Lane Bryant. This is dangerous as I heart new pretty clothes and bras. I normally wear a size 4 Average in their Yellow sizes. I tried on some WICKED cute pants in a size 4 Average and said to myself, "Self, these is be way not small enough for my not-quite-as-fat ass." WOOHOO! So I tried on a size 3 average and it fit... like... a... glove. I then managed to find a SWEET pair of jean trousers that are SO wicked cute it should not even be legal. I then moved to the bra department and the salesperson confirmed my measurement and then turned me on to the beautiful world of her favorite bra which feels like you aren't wearing a bra, yet your boobs are not at your ankles. I also replaced the bra that failed me. I also learned that there is a new "back smoothing" bra - I may need to go back there soon and pick up one of those - they ARE buy one get one 1/2 off... So ANYWAY, after JUST paying off my Lane Bryant card, I now have another $155 on it. But I feel no guilt for a few reasons:

1) Due to the catastrophic bra failure noted above, I can now keep my girls above my ankles
2) I needed pants that actually fit - somehow it actually makes me look BETTER than wearing pants that are saggy in every area possible
3) I will be able to pay off said purchase next month and it will then be a non-issue

As for the uncomfortable feeling noted in this blog's title, I would like to discuss the feeling that takes place in your tummy when you have ingested too much food. By "too much food" I mean food that is roughly 8 times the size of your actual stomach. So my hubby made dinner and once it was done, realized that I wasn't going to like it - which made me feel bad due to the fact that he was cooking for almost an hour and I am a whiny, picky shit head. So I decided to make something "healthy" for myself as I am still in my Fitness Challenge. I think that a peanut butter and banana sandwich with some fat free yogurt as "dessert" sounds pretty darn good. As I am a peanut butter fan - I put probably 8 servings on my sandwich and managed to eat my sandwich and yogurt in roughly 3 minutes.

Upon finishing my DELICIOUS dinner, my stomach feels as though it will start seizing at any moment. Not to mention that it is working out my abdominals by trying to force them out of my body through my belly button. As I have since removed my new comfortable bra, there is the counter pressure of the saggy gals as they are crushing my belly which is preventing the abdominals' escape. The endless war that only leaves me feeling blah and wanting to lay down and eat some Tums.

Ah life is sweet...

1 comment:

  1. I'm full too. And the tomatillos make my tummy feel funny...

    This is Rowdy on Munky's computer.

    ReplyDelete