Saturday, April 11, 2009

Proposal

So now that I am back in college, I am trying to adjust to having homework again as well as finding the time to get it done. My first course was Oral Communication and I seemed to sail through it for the most part. We had homework but not much and it was fun to work on. I am in Professional Writing now and can't seem to motivate myself to get my assignments done. Class ended last Monday and I have until this coming Tuesday to get my final paper done and I haven't started it yet.

I need to write a 10 page business proposal and have no motivation to complete it. Once I complete it I have 4 weeks off for summer vacation with no homework to worry about. It needs to be in a specific format and cited in a specific way that I am not used to. I grew up using MLA style and now I need to use APA. My professor has been involved with APA for 4 years and still doesn't have all the rules down so that makes me a little wary and lessens my motivation further.

When school resumes in May I will be going full-time and will have twice as much homework. I am excited to learn as much as I can and build new skills with this degree but I am also already getting tired. I need to find a balance between work, school, and family that will allow me to remain sane but still allow motivation to complete good work in school.

Wish me luck - this will be an interesting adventure. :-)

2 comments: